We’re Looking For Our Next Program Coordinator!
Oregon Energy Fund seeks an organized, team-oriented, and enthusiastic individual to join our Portland office in the role of Program Coordinator. This full-time (1.0 FTE) position is a vital member of our team, and will perform a variety of essential administrative tasks while also serving as a public face of the organization.
Oregon Energy Fund (OEF) is a statewide nonprofit that assists Oregonians in financial crisis with their energy bills in support of household stability. Since 1989, OEF has provided emergency funding to more than 300,000 people, ensuring low-income Oregonians can pay for energy without needing to sacrifice basic needs like food, rent, or medicine.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Program Coordinator reports to the Deputy Director and plays a crucial role in ensuring our program and internal operations run smoothly, including processing and tracking donations; communicating with donors, clients, and partners; and managing the administrative life of the office. This role would be a strong fit for someone looking to build their existing skillset as a part of a small, mission-driven team, with the potential to grow and take on greater responsibility in the coming years.
The position has a starting salary of $18/hour. OEF offers a generous benefits package that includes competitive medical and dental coverage, paid time off and sick time, and a company-funded SEP program after two years of employment.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and people with lived experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process, enter, and acknowledge donations.
• Use databases and software such as The Raisers Edge and Microsoft Office to track gift entry, coding, updating, and reporting.
• Coordinate with agency and utility partners; assist with entering and verifying accounts payable; and support internal business and accounting practices.
• Act as primary office receptionist and goodwill ambassador; answer phone lines, greet clients, and respond to email and mail inquiries.
• Complete administrative tasks such as filing, printing/copying, managing office supplies, updating office procedures, scheduling, and data entry.
• Monitor administrative projects and other project management.
• Provide comprehensive meeting management, including project scheduling.
• Manage, coordinate, and support board and committee groups (as needed).
• Assist with basic budget development (as needed).
• Assist with digital/social media marketing (as needed).
• Research for other projects (as needed).
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, including and especially candidates from less traditional backgrounds. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.
• At least one year of database entry as an essential job skill (or relevant experience/certifications).
• Prior experience in a professional customer service/receptionist role (or relevant position), especially working with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and social backgrounds.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with The Raisers Edge or other donation-processing software preferred.
• Bilingual Spanish-speaker preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with highly developed interpersonal and customer service abilities.
• Excellent clerical and administrative skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and respond to continually changing priorities.
• Comfort using standard office equipment, such as copiers, printers, and postage machines.
• Ability to work independently and problem solve.
• Experience with project management and collaborating with both internal and external parties to advance the goals of the organization.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented professional environment.
• Experience handling confidential business information.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Previous work or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector.
• As this position may require occasional travel, we request that applicants have a valid driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The OEF office is located in downtown Portland in a sunny, spacious office suite. OEF staff members are currently following a hybrid work model due to the current COVID-19 crisis, with a mixture of in-person and remote work time.
Due to the nature of its duties, this position will require in-person attendance at our office several days each week. However, some flexibility is possible in regards to in-office time and may be negotiated. An office laptop and monitor are provided for work-from-home hours.
This position typically requires minimal physical effort. Duties are performed in an office setting and require repetitive use of a keyboard and monitor, and the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to use the telephone and standard office equipment. Some minor lifting may be required on occasion.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: As a statewide nonprofit that works to support Oregon’s marginalized and vulnerable populations, Oregon Energy Fund is committed to the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion, both externally and internally. These efforts are ongoing, and we seek a candidate who will actively participate in building a more equitable culture and help OEF achieve its EDI goals.
OEF is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a diverse workforce and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
TO APPLY: To apply, please provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and a copy of your most recent CV or resume. Applications can be sent to email@example.com and will be accepted until the position is filled.